Re: What to do when your ISP off-shores tech support

  • From: david raistrick
  • Date: Sat Dec 27 01:07:48 2008

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008, JF Mezei wrote:

The problem with oursourced first level support is that they are totally
disconnected from real time operations and wouldn't be aware of problems
that network engineers are currently working on.

Not always true. Our outsourced support in India were also our first layer of network troubleshooting, and they monitored everything related to the products they supported. They were almost always the first to call the engineers (in .us and .ca) to alert them of issues.

It's all about /what/ you hire them to do.....

...david

---
david raistrick        http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
[email protected]             http://www.expita.com/nomime.html