Re: What to do when your ISP off-shores tech support

  • From: Etaoin Shrdlu
  • Date: Wed Dec 24 15:09:39 2008

Roy wrote:

Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:

...However, I happily used XO+Covad in three separate locations
(in SoCal). DSLExtreme also has (or at least had) a good reputation.
Verizon sucks. In fact, since you are in the Long Beach area, they
suck even more than they do other places. Vote with your feet.

I am pretty sure that COVAD is offshore now....

Might be, but the quality of customer service was the issue, I believe, not just where it was located (at least I hope that wasn't the only objection). I think Mr. Black has already made plain that cost is an issue, in any case. I used to have the lowest business class they provided (even though it was just to my house). Currently, I am the only customer for my local ISP with the service level I have, going to a residential address. We all spend our $$$ on what's important to us. Packets are important to me. I like 'em.

by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  Brian W. Kernighan