Re: What to do when your ISP off-shores tech support

  • From: Matthew Black
  • Date: Wed Dec 24 13:04:28 2008

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 09:51:41 -0800
 "Tomas L. Byrnes" <[email protected]> wrote:
Cox Communications has fully on-shore support. Here in SD they are
actually LOCAL.

Their TS staff are responsive and courteous. I only wish their network
were more reliable. (They're better than SBC in my experience, however.)

In Verizon land, residential customers do not have
CLEC voice or DSL alternatives. We do not have Cox.
Our area is served by Charter Communications who has
the broadband cable monopoly. Verizon has the fiber
monopoly with their FIOS. AT&T fiber is not possible
in Verizon land. Nobody competes against Verizon for
residential service in Southern California. However,
Charter cable customers can get dial tone and data
services.

matthew black
e-mail postmaster

bargaining unit 9 representative