Re: What to do when your ISP off-shores tech support

  • From: Etaoin Shrdlu
  • Date: Wed Dec 24 13:02:17 2008

Randy Bush wrote:

On 08.12.24 12:43, Jay Hennigan wrote:

Matthew Black wrote:

I've had difficulties reaching anyone with a brain
at my DSL provider Verizon California.

Switch to a local ISP with local tech support.

bingo.

Uh, ditto? Having left SoCal a couple of years ago, my data is a bit stale. However, I happily used XO+Covad in three separate locations (in SoCal). DSLExtreme also has (or at least had) a good reputation. Verizon sucks. In fact, since you are in the Long Beach area, they suck even more than they do other places. Vote with your feet.

--
The histories of mankind are histories only of the higher classes.

Thomas Malthus