Re: What is the most standard subnet length on internet

  • From: Seth Mattinen
  • Date: Mon Dec 22 19:32:12 2008

ììì wrote:
Hi all,

I appreciate many people gave me advices,
Some of persons asked me about my questions, I'm sorry for that I couldn't reply to everyone.
Because of your help, I could get many opinions and standards regarding IP allocation policy.
by the way, in APNIC's IP allocation sizes policy, there is a comments like below.
"Below are the minimum sizes for allocations and assignments, This information is provided at the request of the ISP community
to assist in filtering policy decisions "
Currently, is there any provider filtering routes under LIR's minimum allocation size such as /22 ?

Anyone running a platform that can't take a full table would apply such a filter to weed out anyone who likes to announce all of their space as /24's for "traffic engineering". If one does that and doesn't announce the aggregate as well, one could find themselves facing random black holes.

~Seth