Re: What is the most standard subnet length on internet

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Sat Dec 20 00:20:51 2008

Oh, and before anyone jumps all over me, I am NOT implying you should
deaggregate and blow up the table. Just that 300K prefixes is the DFZ is
not a reason to start filtering /24s. Today. :)

given o ipv4 bits not scaling to internet growth o increase in multi-homing o internet growth

nats, siit/nat-pt and ipv4/ipv4 nat will increase

combined, this very well may create pressure to globally route longer ipv4 prefixes.

randy