Re: Gigabit Linux Routers

  • From: Martin List-Petersen
  • Date: Fri Dec 19 21:26:23 2008

Henry Yen wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 18:32:40PM -0700, Michael Loftis wrote:
>> --On December 18, 2008 4:02:14 PM -0800 Bruce Robertson
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Imagestream does nice work as well.
>>>
>> I'll second the plug for imagestream as well.

> Aren't both Imagestream and Vyatta routers built atop a Linux platform?

So is Juniper a BSD base (if I recall correct). The difference is the
selection of hardware and added routing hardware.

The issue is, that those additions, that Juniper, Imagestream and Vyatta
add, are not available on the standard platform, so it can't be quite
compared.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen

--