Re: Gigabit Linux Routers

  • From: Chris
  • Date: Wed Dec 17 12:18:00 2008

All the responses have been really helpful. Thanks to everyone for being
friendly and for taking the time to answer in detail.
I've asked a hardware provider to quote for a couple of x86 boxes and I'll
look for suitable Intel NICs too.

Jim: We're a very small ISP and have a full mix of packet sizes on the
network but the vast majority is outbound on port 80 so hopefully that'll
help.

Any more input will of course be considered. I may post the NIC models for
approval if I'm scratching my head again :)

Thanks,

Chris