Re: Netblock reassigned from Chile to US ISP...

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Fri Dec 12 18:51:22 2008

On 2008-12-12, at 15:02, Martin List-Petersen wrote:

It's a misconception of some muppets, especially in IT related products, that forget, that a lot or IT professionals do travel all over the world and usually have a credit card in their home country.
Pure and utter nonsense.

Or perhaps the hassle of dealing with stolen US credit card numbers from clients outside the US costs far more money than you could hope to make back with the purchases of US nationals travelling overseas?

Could well be muppets, but surely there are other possibilities.

Sad but true, we have had to turn off signups outside the US because of that very problem. Yes, I am sure we lose some sales, but in general it is not worth the fraud costs.

Why don't the fraudsters just use Open US Proxies?

Owen