Re: Netblock reassigned from Chile to US ISP...

  • From: John Curran
  • Date: Thu Dec 11 23:13:00 2008

On Dec 11, 2008, at 10:44 PM, Robert Tarrall wrote:
Yeah, it's those types that I'm hoping to locate as well...  Google
and Akamai were immediately noticed by the test users, and have also
responded very quickly (thanks, guys), but ideally we'd like to be
proactive and get as many of these updated *before* the real customers
hit the network and start having problems.

Agreed, and I expect that we're be seeing more dynamic and more granular movement of IPv4 blocks over the next few years. Services that purport to provide useful information about IP block utilization geography had best plan accordingly.

/John
[my personal view only]