Re: Netblock reassigned from Chile to US ISP...

  • From: Martin List-Petersen
  • Date: Thu Dec 11 16:10:46 2008

Robert Tarrall wrote:
1) www.google.com is in Spanish

Contact Google.

2) Web pages are slow - am assuming this is due to folks like Akamai
sending them to content caches in Chile though I haven't tested it
myself... God knows "web pages are slow" isn't particularly specific but
I'm assuming an OC-3 with 3 DSL subscribers on it will be reasonably
free of congestion and I know the upstream is competent.

Again. Akamai is helpful. Contact them.

3) End-user unable to complete an online e-commerce transaction due to
a fraud-prevention service thinking he was a Chilean user trying to buy
something with a US-based credit card.

There's no fast fix for this, but have you talked to MaxMind about chaning the Geo location ? They'll implent it fast and it's in their DB within a week, max 2, but it'll take 2 months at least, before it makes the internet turn-around.

I've ranges, that were originally in Denmark, UK and Germany (we're in Ireland) and after half a year and actively submitting data to MaxMind, that actually ok.

I've not had the necessity to contact Google or Akamai.

However, the ecommerce issue is a bit worse, because there's some of'em out there, like one of the biggest hosters in the states, that have 2 year old data.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen

--
Airwire - Ag Nascadh Pobal an Iarthar