Re: McColo and SPAM

  • From: Peter Dambier
  • Date: Fri Dec 05 20:51:53 2008

Seen behind my ISP (gmx.de),

I get almost no spam. Looking into the spam folder I
see some 10% of what I used to see.

On the other other hand when they closed I got an
alarm for my homepage. I got so many wordbooks on
my ssh that they exceeded my traffic limit.
I had to move my sshd to IPv6 only to get rid of them.

Admin friends told me the wordbook attacks are down
again but at the same time spam went up although not
as much as it used to be.

I have been watching some 10 mailboxes seeing the
same results.

Kind regards
Peter

--