Re: Telecom Collapse?

  • From: b nickell
  • Date: Thu Dec 04 23:12:43 2008

I believe its still the case, but you can order from the local LEC a
soft-dial tone. You hear dial tone, however the only calls that can be made
are to the LEC's Billing & to the PSAP(911). This might be a good option for
people w/ kids, etc. without paying the full price of a land line. I used to
work for Hawaiian Tel and we had an earthquake. It knock out the power for
several days. Most of our CO's stayed up & supported PSTN due to generators
& DC. People who had telephony w/ the cable company lost communications
along with their TV. Just a thought.

BN

--
-B