Re: Stress Testing LAN/WAN

  • From: Nathan Ward
  • Date: Thu Dec 04 17:27:31 2008

On 5/12/2008, at 11:23 AM, Brian Feeny wrote:

I have the need to stress test a LAN and WAN. The primary concern is the WAN which is at most OC-3. The LAN would be an additional bonus if I could do that as well.
I am familiar with tools such as those from Spirent and IXIA which are very expensive. I was wondering if someone has had to do this and can recommend some open source
tools that would work well. I need to test a few different types of traffic, specifically trying to push traffic into various switch/ router policies to make sure everything is performing as
expected. If anyone knows of some software that works well for this I would appreciate letting me know.

iPerf.

--
Nathan Ward