Re: Telecom Collapse?

  • From: Chris Adams
  • Date: Thu Dec 04 09:49:33 2008

Once upon a time, Paul Ferguson <[email protected]> said:
> I deliberated for a while on whether to send this, or not, but  I figure it
> might be of interest to this community:
>
> http://techliberation.com/2008/12/04/telecom-collapse/

One thing doesn't make sense in that article: it talks about POTS being
subsidized by other services, and people cutting POTS lines.  Wouldn't
that be _good_ for the companies and their other services?  The way the
article describes things, fewer POTS lines = smaller subsidies taken
from other services = better profits for other services and the company.

--
Chris Adams <[email protected]>