Re: an over-the-top data center

  • From: MÃns Nilsson
  • Date: Wed Dec 03 12:30:16 2008

--On onsdag, onsdag 3 dec 2008 10.47.28 -0500 Jean-FranÃois Mezei
<[email protected]> wrote:

> pardon me for resurrecting this topic...
>
> For sites that are built in caves, how do they deal with cabling ?

Like any datacenter. Raceways on top of racks or under the floor. _Proper_
datacentres in caves (like, those made to actually be safe against all
those DHS-funding movie plots) consist of a pretty standard CO building
built inside a cave. Of course, there are a number of extras like EMP, gas
and blast barriers, but they normally are outside the house.

Pionen (the site that trigered this offtopic thread) is a showoff, not
correctly expanded from the design originally made by those people who know
about blast waves and such.

> In the pretty pictures of the swedish site, there didn't seem to be an
> obvious raised floor.

There is a raised floor, iirc.

--
MÃns Nilsson			M A C H I N A

Did an Italian CRANE OPERATOR just experience uninhibited sensations in
a MALIBU HOT TUB?