Re: an over-the-top data center

  • From: Charles Wyble
  • Date: Tue Dec 02 17:11:19 2008

Deepak Jain wrote:
I bet the military or emergency services can establish a 10km fiber
stretch in a few hours. Replacing some telecom hw and set it up from
scratch would probably take weeks (I'm not talking about a single
router
here).

But we aren't talking about the military here, are we? We are talking about an ISP on an ISP forum.

Yes.... but in a disaster scenario where critical communication links are down the military would respond and reestablish the links, if for nothing else to re establish situational awareness for themselves.