Re: an over-the-top data center

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Mon Dec 01 09:27:27 2008

On Dec 1, 2008, at 9:12 AM, Randy Bush wrote:

I don't think any IXP can become a significant player on the Internet
today by only attracting participants from the country in question.

netnod is very successful. i guess they must operate from more than sweden, then, eh?

NetNod is successful. Very is a matter of opinion. As for "operate from more than sweden", that is trivial to confirm by looking at their member list.

So now that we have agreed, did you have a point, or just want to run up your word count?

engineers judge by results, not word count.

Wow, Randy, we are in agreement again.

To be clear, are you suggesting IXPs consider hiding their switches, forcing you to use a single fiber providers, not allowing anyone to know the path, etc.? I want to be sure I understand what you mean, since "engineers" like to make serious points, not flippant sound bites.

--
TTFN,
patrick