Re: IPv6 routing /48s

  • From: Niels Bakker
  • Date: Tue Nov 25 19:24:31 2008

* [email protected] (Tony Hain) [Wed 26 Nov 2008, 01:03 CET]:
In any case, content providers can avoid the confusion if they simply put up
a local 6to4 router alongside their 2001:: prefix, and populate DNS with
both. Longest match will cause 2001:: connected systems to chose that dst,
while 6to4 connected systems will chose 2002:: as the dst. There is no need

Huh? Longest match done by web browsers and other applications? Since when?

-- Niels.

--
"We humans get marks for consistency. We always opt for
 civilization after exhausting the alternatives."