Re: BCP for Private OUI / address assignments?

  • From: isabel dias
  • Date: Tue Nov 25 12:09:51 2008

Someone is basicly "twicking the mail headers" by sending messages like "[email protected]"-who is?

OUI...yes, great topic! Now mind me asking but why would you need a "private" OUI if the well-known (registed) list is quite public and everyone has a reserved allocation? (vendors have)
and yes as far as i am aware all can be spoofed...up to the available anti-spoofing rules, plenty of google literature........just to check the theory points of failure  .....

Now the question is do mac adresses change w/ IPv6? Is there a relation w/ IPv4/6 format type and OUI format type ?

we might have heard of the IPv6 source address spoofing .....
http://www.cuba.ipv6-taskforce.org/pdf/isatap.pdf

...and w/ the translation to the OUI w/ v6 ......
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eastlake-ethernet-iana-considerations-08