RE: IPv6 routing /48s

  • From: TJ
  • Date: Wed Nov 19 17:33:56 2008

Yes, always worth reminding people:
	2000::/3 is the currently active "Global Unicast" pool ... and that
doesn't mean native IPv6

	(2002::/16 = 6to4, 2001::/32 = Teredo ... ISATAP may be in play, and
not discretely indicated in prefix side of address
		... and non-auto tunnels cold be mentioned here as well,
using global-scope prefixes )

Back to the topic at hand, and in the subject line, global routing of
arbitrary /48s is far from guaranteed.
	/32 is the default cutoff  (routing for /35s probably pretty
reliable as well)
	Up to /48s for Critical Infra / Micro-Allocations and PI-designated
blocks
... anything else AFAIK is quite possibly troublesome today.

/TJ