Re: IPv6 routing /48s

  • From: Nick Hilliard
  • Date: Mon Nov 17 18:17:45 2008

[email protected] wrote:
> Are there any parties out there routing /48 IPv6 networks globally?  I ran
> into a supposed Catch-22 with Verizon and IPv6 address space and was
> looking for clarification.

There are a bunch of IXPs around who have been announcing /48s for a some
while.   From a cursory glance around, it looks like Verizon is unreachable
from these at least AS2128, which announces a single /48.  This would seem
to support your sales person's claim.

It will be interesting to see how long this policy lasts - or at least it
will be interesting to see at what stage carriers decide that the loss in
sales revenues hurts more than the cost of carrying /48s from PI delegatin
blocks.

Nick