Re: NTP Md5 or AutoKey?

  • From: Ask Bjørn Hansen
  • Date: Sat Nov 15 04:25:32 2008

On Nov 4, 2008, at 3:11 AM, Glen Kent wrote:

My original question got drowned amidst all this vibrant discussions!

Do folks already use or plan to use Autokey for NTP?

In my experience most people have a hard enough time remembering to run ntp at all (and with an even remotely sane configuration - this is why a sane default using the ntp pool is helpful as a baseline). Add authentication into the mix and many operations will almost certainly just have even more mis-configuration. :-)

- ask