Re: [funsec] McColo: Major Source of Online Scams andSpams KnockedOffline (fwd)

  • From: Charles Wyble
  • Date: Wed Nov 12 17:29:14 2008

On to the question about how network operators can help LE: *Collect the data that proves a company such as Intercage/McColo is harboring cybercriminals* and get with your local FBI/Secret Service field office (or your state's Attorney General's office) (or both) and submit a complaint at IC3's website (www.ic3.gov) because we have an excellent team of analysts that track information like that. Package up the evidence you have and send it out.

Excellent point. Something like the fine folks at http://hostexploit.com/ are doing.

I also believe SANS has some excellent courses on forensics, and things like chain of custody etc. Not sure how much that applies to these sort of scenarios but it can't hurt to package/handle the evidence in as compliant a manner as possible.