Re: Potential Prefix Hijack

  • From: Raymond Dijkxhoorn
  • Date: Tue Nov 11 09:12:49 2008

Hi!

That's not true, as not all our prefixes were hijacked nor leaked, since they were originating them. If they were leaking them you might be able to see further AS's on the AS-PATH, incluiding the legitimate AS for originating those prefixes.

We have seen issues like this also when a customer was leaking full routes, and his router ws not able to coop with the BGP tables. This gave really really strange things, simmilar like here, some prefixes were there and some not. Completely random.

Am i seeing things in a blur way ? or this is supposed to happen as wind flows ?

Upstreams should filter things properly. Thats a sure thing. OR max prefix limit customers like that....

Bye,
Raymond.