Re: ECN

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Fri Nov 07 06:06:49 2008

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, David Freedman wrote:

Implementing this in an MPLS core is not an easy task, you can really only do this on the edge, when the MPLS labelled packet arrives at an LSR, we don't know if it contains a TCP segment or not (fancy deep h/w implementations excluded), all we know is that , if there is congestion, we can discard it based on the EXP bits in the shim.

I did some more checking and neither 12000 (IOS) nor CRS-1 seems to support WRED with ECN (at least the command doesn't show when I create a policy-map), so I'm going to ping my Cisco SE and hear about what's going on.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]