Re: Ixia, Juniper going green?

  • From: Justin M. Streiner
  • Date: Wed Nov 05 19:53:13 2008

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008, Glen Kent wrote:

http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=166871

I wonder what impact this would put on other vendors to turn down
their power consumptions and turn, as Juniper and Ixia like to put it
- Green!

I do recall some people bashing Cisco products for their power consumption
at a recent tech event I attended. Granted, that event was Juniper-centric :)

Given the economic (rising power and cooling costs) and sometimes logistical (lack of power available in a facility) realities of operating networks and data centers, I'm sure everyone would love for their gear to draw less power. How many watts could actually be saved remains to be seen...

jms