Re: Internet partitioning event regulations (was: RE: Sending vs requesting. Was: Re: Sprint / Cogent)

  • From: Larry Sheldon
  • Date: Wed Nov 05 13:09:22 2008

Lamar Owen wrote:
Larry Sheldon [email protected] wrote:
How will that work in, say, China? Or Iran
[snip]
But I'm sure there are loopholes in my rough outline above; it's
too simple to be real regulation. :-)

One World Government at last!

Just one of the many loopholes in my simplistic outline, and the most difficult thing of all about regulating 'the Internet.'

So, would prefacing my outline with 'In the USA, this could be done
for that portion of 'the Internet' provider infrastructure within the
jurisdiction of the USA' close that hole to a degree? (not really)

Like I said, I am not touching the definition of the 'complete
Internet' (and I even left a clue to this hole in that line).

Do you see that as more than a minor nuisance?

I see it as a deal breaker.