RE: Sprint v. Cogent, some clarity & facts

  • From: david raistrick
  • Date: Wed Nov 05 11:55:04 2008

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008, Church, Charles wrote:

I didn't really care about this, but now I'm curious.  Since their
peering was a 'trial', I'm assuming it hasn't always been there.  Prior
to Sprint and Cogent peering directly with each other, how did they
communicate?  Why was that functionality broken after they started
peering?

They purchased transit (through NTT I believe) for connectivity to sprint.

They removed that, because their goal has been to be transit-free.

--- david raistrick http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html [email protected] http://www.expita.com/nomime.html