RE: On the subject of multihoming

  • From: Tomas L. Byrnes
  • Date: Tue Nov 04 19:33:15 2008

This sort of thing is usually done with some sort of multi-port outbound
NAT device that chooses the source interface to NAT from based on some
"quality" metric it generates for the destination, and a state table it
keeps for all the outside IPs.

Products that do this include FatPipe, Radware Linkproof, and Mushroom
networks.

Sprint/2
>Verizon/1 AT&T], Time Warner Cable Modem and an SBC Global DSL
>connection.
>
>What is the best way to do outbound traffic engineering? I would like
>be able to determine the best path possible and send traffic out the
>appropriate link.
>
>Could this be done with a copy of the BGP tables?
>
>Obviously as they are consumer connections, I wouldn't get a BGP feed
so
>would need to download a copy, which has the risk of stale data.
Perhaps