FW: Sprint v. Cogent, some clarity & facts

  • From: Tomas L. Byrnes
  • Date: Tue Nov 04 19:09:49 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomas L. Byrnes
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 4:08 PM
To: 'Niels Bakker'
Subject: RE: Sprint v. Cogent, some clarity & facts

There was nothing in my post advocating free transit or peering. I
merely pointed out that peering only without downstream propagation was
a technical error, based on the proper implementation of the protocols
as designed.

All the discussion of practicality and politics are implementation
failures: the first because of crappy routers, the second because of the
established player issue you called out.

We've all had enough of crappy networks causing unreachability.