Re: MPLS for IPv6

  • From: Charles Wyble
  • Date: Tue Nov 04 16:24:17 2008

devang patel wrote:
Hi,

Does any vendor support the MPLS for native IPv6 network?
I was working on one testing scenario where I have Cisco 7200 routers and
whole network is running only IPv6 and I wanted to run MPLS on the top of
that but I found MPLS is not supported on IPv6 networks? is that true?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipv6/configuration/guide/ip6-over_mpls_ps6922_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

would say it's possible.

However (I'm not an expert at MPLS so forgive me if I'm wrong) isn't MPLS at a lower level and you run IP on top of it? That seems to be what
initial research indicates. See the NANOG talk archives for lots of MPLS presentations.