Re: Sprint / Cogent

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Fri Oct 31 10:12:46 2008

On Oct 31, 2008, at 9:52 AM, Larry Sheldon wrote:

Alex Rubenstein wrote:

Why do I say stupid?
Because, if companies like Sprint continue to do things like what
Sprint is doing, this will certainly lead to being noticed by
legislators, and the next thing we know we will have federally
regulated peering or backbone network operating. I can see it now,
the Bureau of Peering will be part of the Federal Networking
Committee.

I think you are wrong to the extent that BOP will be under the Department Of Fairness.

the two likely entities in the United States would be either the FCC or DHS.

(DHS you say?) The NCS lives under DHS. I wonder if sprint reported the "outage" to the FCC yet, or what answer you would get from calling the NCS or NCC watch.

- Jared