Re: Depeering as an IPv6 driver (was: Re: Sprint / Cogent)

  • From: Carlos Friacas
  • Date: Fri Oct 31 09:25:15 2008

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Brandon Galbraith wrote:

On 10/30/08, Jared Mauch <[email protected]> wrote:

On Oct 30, 2008, at 6:55 PM, Deepak Jain wrote:

I wonder if judicious use of 6to4 and Teredo would allow an IPv6 (single
homed) user to access now missing parts of the Internet. Me thinks, yes.

So would some "CGN" (Carrier Grade Nat anyone) too.

Last I knew Cogent wasn't doing any IPv6.. has that changed?

- Jared

Not that I know of. We tried to get IPv6 transit from Cogent several months
ago (we already have IPv4 transit), and were told it's not available yet.

Did they provide you with a roadmap ? :-)

./Carlos

-brandon

--
Brandon Galbraith