Re: Sprint / Cogent

  • From: Justin Shore
  • Date: Fri Oct 31 09:03:57 2008

Nick Hilliard wrote:
And they'll do it to others in future peering spats. It's just a bullying tactic - entertaining if you're on the sideline; irritating if you're Sprint.

Cogent reminds me of Ethan Coen's poem, which starts:

    The loudest has the final say,
    The wanton win, the rash hold sway,
    The realist's rules of order say
    The drunken driver has the right of way.

So why do SPs keep depeering Cogent? Serious question, why? I'm not aware of any Intercage-like issues with them. I've actually considered them as a potential upstream when we expand into a market they serve.

Justin