Re: Another driver for v6?

  • From: Nathan Ward
  • Date: Tue Oct 28 23:12:06 2008

On 29/10/2008, at 3:40 PM, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

According to
http://www.nytimes.com/external/idg/2008/10/28/28idg-10-best-feature.html
Windows 7 will have a cool feature called DirectAccess that "requires
deploying IPv6 and IPsec". I know nothing more of this feature than is
in the article, but if accurate it may create a client-centric demand
for v6, i.e., desirable new functionality that isn't available on v4.

Of course, Windows 7 will have to ship first, and then get deployed in
the enterprise...

Thanks, Teredo.

Interesting point, IPSEC is really useful in IPv6, especially transport mode opportunistic encryption/authentication. But, that requires (in my understanding) keys in DNS, which really needs a secure DNS infrastructure to be, well, secure...

stir stir stir

Notice the DNSSEC support at the end of page one and beginning of page two.

--
Nathan Ward