Re: Alaska DNS

  • From: Larry Sheldon
  • Date: Sat Oct 25 12:58:12 2008

Eugeniu Patrascu wrote:

Why was it an issue that they had no A records for the domain name ?

That question has intrigued me for years. I used to manage a network where were lots of labels in domain names e.g. a.b.c.example.com where only the machine "a" had addresses (the others may or may not have been associated with machines and hence IP addresses but not necessarily A RRs).

--
Requiescas in pace o email              Two identifying characteristics
                                             of System Administrators:

ICBM Targeting Information: http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs