Re: The DDOS problem & security BOF: Am i mistaken?

  • From: Jeffrey Lyon
  • Date: Wed Oct 15 05:21:29 2008

Let me avoid being long winded and just put on my Captain Obvious
cape. Avoid magic DDoS appliances, particularly those that require
some type of relationship or deposit to be made in advance no matter
how "risk free." There is a reason why these vendor presentations
aren't meeting your expectations.

You're also dead on concerning one's ability to develop and deploy
OSS. Human capital is generally your best resource.

My two cents, Jeff

--
Jeffrey Lyon, President
Level III Information Systems Technician

Talk for 4h 45m from the U.S. to Latin America for $10.00:
http://www.defensecalling.com