Re: IPv6 Wow

  • From: Kevin Day
  • Date: Sun Oct 12 19:03:14 2008

On Oct 12, 2008, at 3:53 PM, Stephen Sprunk wrote:

I can understand why some folks would say stop, but unfortunately Europe has the closest public 6to4 relays to the US, and our own providers don't seem to want to put any up.

There are quite a few 6to4 relays outside Europe. I think the problem more is that a lot of providers haven't gotten the hang of routing to an anycasted prefix that so many people are announcing. Or making sure 6to4 is fast is so far down their priority list they just don't care. Either way, peering seems to be a lot more dense in Europe, so they're more likely to be peering with someone announcing a 6to4 relay there. Prefer sending traffic to someone you're peering with (even if it's further away) to someone local that you have to pay for, and you don't always get sensible routing on a prefix like this.