Re: DDoS Attack in Progress.

  • From: Steve Church
  • Date: Sat Oct 11 10:22:48 2008

Beavis aka John Lopez:
I, for one, am glad you're interested in stopping the abuse at its source.
Thank you.

Steve Linford:
> why not ACL the source at your router or at whatever device is being
(packeted).
Mr. Lopez is contributing to the welfare of the net as a whole by addressing
the cause, rather than applying a bandage locally to lessen the symptom.  I
sincerely hope your dismissive advice is not characteristic of Spamhaus
policy regarding abused hosts, considering the mission statement at the top
of your homepage.

Steve Church