Re: Some odd harvesting going on?

  • From: Rich Kulawiec
  • Date: Wed Oct 08 07:22:04 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 04:16:22PM -0400, Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:
> To prove that your message was sent by a human and not a computer, please
> visit the URL below and type in the alphanumeric text you will see in the
> image. You will be asked to do this only once for this recipient.

This doesn't look to me like phishing (although I can see the
similarities); it looks like yet another severely clueless site engaged
in challenge-response spamming. (C-R has long since been not only
completely discredited as an anti-spam tactic, but has been recognized
as a spam vector.  Hosts emitting it are subject to blacklisting,
in the same way and for much the same reason that hosts emitting
backscatter/outscatter are.)

---Rsk