RE: cnn.com - Homeland Security seeks cyber counterattack system(Einstein 3.0)

  • From: Matlock, Kenneth L
  • Date: Mon Oct 06 15:36:12 2008

"The system "would literally, like an anti-aircraft weapon, shoot down
an attack before it hits its target," he said. "And that's what we call
Einstein 3.0."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't even a basic firewall or ACL
provide the same functionality? Drop the packet, drop the attack? I'm in
the wrong business if implementing a firewall can net me $millions$ by
using appropriate buzzwords.....

Ken Matlock
Network Analyst
(303) 467-4671