Re: 143.228.0.0/16 and house.gov

  • From: Wayne E. Bouchard
  • Date: Thu Oct 02 17:50:57 2008

Pretty much no matter who you use, this can easily be done in an hour
or so if people really want it to and the right techs are
available. If there's a pre-existing agreement, this can go to mere
minutes. The setup doesn't take long. it's usually the business stuff
that drags it out.

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 04:20:01PM -0500, Brandon Galbraith wrote:
> On 10/2/08, Jean-Fran??ois Mezei <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
>
> Question:
> >
> > Is it possible to setup an akamai feed in hours once you know your
> > website is to be swamped ?
> >
> > Obviously, the system managers there might not have been warned in
> > advance that the politicians would place a huge load on their servers.
> > But once they realised it, is it conceivable that they quickly setup an
> > akamai feed ?  Or is that something which takes weeks to setup ?
> >

> I'm not sure about Akamai, but I believe Amazon is about to roll out CDN
> services as well (and I would assume they're as flexible as their other
> "cloud" offerings). As always, hindsight is 20/20.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/html-forms-controller/aws-content-delivery-service
>
> -brandon

---
Wayne Bouchard