Re: Google's PUE

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Wed Oct 01 16:19:38 2008

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:

OK, green hat off. :)  Seriously, I doubt GOOG isn't seeing serious
savings from this over time.  If they weren't why would they do it?

	They seem to be very environment focused, so I'm sure doing
anything that isn't is subject to scrutiny from the rest of the industry.

Personal 747, cough, cough...

I'd bet at their scale, they're saving tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars a month on their data center power bills by optimizing power efficiency.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |