Re: ARIN Routing Registry vs RADB vs X

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Fri Sep 26 09:42:22 2008

On 25 Sep 2008, at 18:55, Craig Holland wrote:

...ones that only originate from RADB.  This is the part that I found
strange considering the ARIN records are in (show up in) RADB and they
are what most would consider a trusted source.

The only RPSL repository that I know of that has any semblance of trustworthiness is the RIPE db, and then, only for resources that were assigned or allocated by the RIPE NCC.

The ARIN RR contains just as much cruft as any of the other non-RIPE registries, in my experience. The RADB is nothing special in this regard. Filtering objects with source RPSL and discarding those with source elsewhere is surely all fail and no win. Sounds like someone needs a beating from the cluestick.

Joe