Re: ASN 8997 again

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Thu Sep 25 22:38:15 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Scott Weeks wrote:

------ [email protected] wrote: -------- From: "Christopher Morrow" <[email protected]> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:53 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:39:44 CDT, Justin Shore said:

group would be interested in knowing that whois.estdomains.com
(83.171.76.99) is now being hosted by as31353 via as8997 (didn't we have

Well, that didn't take long.

so then ,the 8997 issues of last weekend WERE a test of capabilities?? :( --------------------------------------------------

That is indeed worrisome. Maybe my previous trigger happy -ness was ok? :-) I originally thought it was a testing of the waters for further intrusions into OPNs, now this. Still, I will try not to attribute to maliciousness that which could be explained by stupidity.

I want to say "don't attribute to malice..." but.. it seems like these things will become more common soon.

Gadi.

scott