Re: DSL at MAE-East

  • From: David Diaz
  • Date: Thu Sep 25 18:40:59 2008

Check out
http://www.wiredskies.com/CoLo-EVDO_ep_117.html

It's a neat solution where for less then DSL you can get out of band over evdo to all your console ports/ethernet, and it also gives you a POTS line over the evdo. I commented on how this was needed for years and Chris Cook over there actually went out and built this neat box. I believe it runs about $35-40 MRC and it's a much quicker way to upload new code then a pots line.

Neat part is if it works you do not pay the carrier hotel a cross connect MRC fee. That adds up rapidly.

David