Re: rackmount managed PDUs

  • From: Justin M. Streiner
  • Date: Thu Sep 25 13:24:55 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Justin Shore wrote:

One thing to be aware of with the vertical PDUs is where they get mounted.

Good point. The cabinets we'd be using have 4" stand-offs between the rails and the cabinet frame, for wire management and they're fairly deep as well. Even at that, some servers seem to have obscenely deep foorprints - Dell PowerEdge 2850s come to mind :)

I also have to wrestle with the wire management a bit, since some boxes have their network ports on the front and some have them on the back...

jms