Re: the Intercage mess

  • From: William Pitcock
  • Date: Wed Sep 24 23:10:48 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 19:58 -0700, Paul Ferguson wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:52 PM, William Pitcock
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 19:28 -0700, Paul Ferguson wrote:
>
> >> I think that _more_than_reasonable_ background research, historical
> >> record, etc. have met the qualifications of "civilized vernier". The
> >> outcry was, and is not, arbitrary.
> >
> > No, but forcing them offline now that they are taking a new approach to
> > handling abuse is ridiculous.
> >

> No -- I think that after 5 years of malicious activity, it was overdue.

I said _new_ approach. I agree that it was overdue, but they are being
cooperative with the anti-abuse community, so I think it is appropriate
to give them an opportunity to deliver on their promise. If they fail,
then shut them off again.

> I'm sorry, but your efforts to get the last word here are in vain.
>
> Cheers,
>
> - - ferg
>
> p.s. And by the way, whether the badness has actually been purged from
> Atrivo/Intercage's IP address space remains to be seen -- previous similar
> claims have all been false. Time will tell -- may eyes are watching.

Esthost are nullrouted as of this morning. Even their administrative
network is nullrouted.

I think that is a good indication. As I said, if you have any still open
issues, please let me know. I am talking to these people and they are
listening.

William