Re: LoA (Letter of Authorization) for Prefix Filter Modification?

  • From: Raoul Bhatia [IPAX]
  • Date: Wed Sep 17 04:24:17 2008

Joe Greco wrote:
> How do you verify the authenticity of anything?  This is a common problem
> in the Real World, and is hardly limited to LoA's.
>
> How do you prove that what was on Pages 1 to (N-1) of an N page contract
> contained the words you think they said?  I knew a guy, back in the early
> days, who habitually changed the SLA's in his contracts so that he could
> cancel a contract for virtually no reason at all ... the folly of mailing
> around contracts as .doc files in e-mail.  But even failing that, it's
> pretty trivial to reprint a document, so where do you stop, do you use
> special paper, special ink, watermarking of documents, initial each page,
> all of the above, etc?

what about using a digital signation of e.g. a pdf version of a scan?

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          [email protected]
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            [email protected]
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15